Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Road Goes On Forever



Since my feeble mind is in the spirit of protest today (I'm still working on that "new" project), I'm going to do a soundtrack for All My Friends Are Going To Be Strangers (fantastic Larry McMurtry novel). Yes, I'm stealing this idea from someone. You know who you are.

I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry -- Hank Williams
The Road Goes On Forever -- Robert Earl Keen
Ballad Of Charlie Whitman -- Kinky Friedman and the Texas Jewboys
Luckenbach, Texas -- Waylon Jennings
Copperhead Road -- Steve Earle
My Drinkin' Problem -- Hank Williams III
Heartaches by the Numbers -- Dwight Yoakum

Michelle's Spell of the Day
"What greater grief than the loss of one's native land." Medea

Cocktail Hour
This week -- the perfect gin and tonic video. If you want the secret, you must watch. If you wish, you can impress friends, enemies, and old and current loves with this potion. Or you can drink it yourself and dream of summer.

Benedictions and Maledictions
Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.--Waylon

the walking man said...

OK the temperature is starting to warm up a bit...come on HOME!

jodi said...

Honey, when it comes to Hank, Waylon, and Dwight, well, it's pretty hard to beat. Getcherasshome!xoxo

jodi said...

Oh, and Steve Earle! Read his memoir and it was fantastic. As usual, from all of his pain, came such musical beauty. xoxo