Monday, March 09, 2009

Happy Birthday Barbie!



Much has been said about Barbie -- feminist icon, evil twat (Remember the whole "Math is hard!" debacle), eating disorder training school . . . You get the picture. None of it has been said by me because I never really cared that much; I knew I'd never look like Barbie and for me, math is incredibly hard. Worst of all worlds, right? But I had to laugh when one of my friends told me about growing up poor and getting off-brand Barbie and Kens from the Dollar Store. "You'd be making Barbie and Ken have sex and Ken's leg would come off." Good preparation for real life, I thought, or at least a lot more helpful than those horrible Cosmo "Delight Him Tonight" articles, the kind buried in the magazine that contain such stellar tips as draping a red scarf over your lamp. Okay, that's one way to burn the house down.

Michelle's Spell of the Day
"To see a doll of yourself is very weird and very neat at the same time." Thuy Trang

Cocktail Hour
Gin and tonic video still trapped by evil spell. No gin and tonics were consumed until AFTER the video, Charles! Even so, the mistakes were tasty!

Benedictions and Maledictions
Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll paint one of your nails, if you know what I mean.--Rodney Dangerfield.

Anonymous said...

is that train track?--Choo choo Biden

jodi said...

Honey, Sometime I will tell you the story of my poor misshappen Barbies. Can't believe the chick is so OLD!!! However, YOU my friend, are the 'Barbie' for all us regular peeps! xoxo

the walking man said...

If barbie had appendicitis would it be a plastic surgeon who did the operation?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of draping scarfs over lamps, you can always get a job as a firefighter in Detroit, Michelle.--Diogenes

Anonymous said...

I didn't kill nobody.--Kwame

Charles Gramlich said...

So that's where that red scarf over lamp thing came from. who knew!

Scott said...

Michelle,

Yeah, math is hard for me,too!

Can't wait to see the gin and tonic video!