Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Rest And Recovery



Another year older and none the wiser, I write to let you all know that I'm going to start posting bits of a new story that's almost complete on Friday. My birthday was the bomb! Please forgive any tardiness on returning emails and so on -- I'm going to get caught up. Tomorrow I'm posting some pictures I took at a particularly gruesome anti-abortion rally protesting Obama's position on abortion at the NAACP conference downtown. Got the John Cheever biography and so far my favorite line, "Frederick Exley was aghast at how much John Cheever could drink." Frederick Exley, people. I saw Exley's grave in Watertown New York, where a woman at the library said, Are you kin to him? When I said No, just a fan, she said. You must be a fan of his work. There's a reason Plato kicked poets out of the Republic. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad your BDAY was good. I see you are doing a good job of holding up that door in the picture to keep it from falling on Grouchy and the cat.

Anonymous said...

I easily held my own with Cheever at Iowa. BTW, isn't that the door to the rehab cafeteria?--RC

Anonymous said...

enjoy this:

http://vimeo.com/blogotheque

gr. totall

the walking man said...

Grouchie get up off the floor...you didn't drink that much.

Plato kicked poets out of the republic because they were progressive democrats.

jodi said...

Hi Doll, I had a blast and was very honored to be part of your birthday! Grouchie was a very good boy--seen and not heard. Let's get together SOON! Cocktails at my house! xo