Monday, May 10, 2010

Protest Shots







Hey everyone -- okay, I gave fair warning on these pictures -- not for the weak of heart. I realized the day I planned to post them was mother's day which seemed, well, inappropriate even for someone who has done an impromptu partial striptease to an LL Cool J song at a St. Patrick's Day party. Don't ask. It will end up in a novel. Anyway, I took these shots outside of Cobo Hall at the NAACP Freedom Convention. I'm pro-choice, but I thought the protesters themselves were pretty interesting. Rather than comment on anything political given both a lack of depth of knowledge (not that it stops anyone on the news so far as I can tell and yes, both sides are guilty of this), I prefer just documenting it. I'll be back tomorrow with a more traditional post and pictures of beloved Detroit this weekend. Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, eliminating dreamers would seem to cut down on dreams, wouldn't it? The saddest words--what might have been--or something like that.--John at the Whittier

G. B. Miller said...

Interesting.

I'm more pro-life than pro-choice, but I still believe exceptions should be made.

the walking man said...

And I believe in the Detroit attitude..."fuck 'em"

Anonymous said...

I've joined in the Holy Cross procession in front of the abortion clinics on 8-Mile Rd. in Detroit many times, Michelle. As a good Catholic, you are welcome to join us at any time. Just look for me carrying the big cross made out of giant oak limbs.--Sister Peter Damien (P.S. I won't be able to wave to you, but I will smile broadly.)

Anonymous said...

Condoms for everybody!--H. Rodham Clinton

Anonymous said...

No wonder Detroit's population has dropped so drastically.--U.S. Bureau of the Census

Charles Gramlich said...

There's no shortage of powerful images to use in this battle.

jodi said...

Michelle, Egad! I, too have seen these unproductive protests. I think they actually turned me from anti to pro! xo P.S. you WILL share the 'story' with me--after a few cocktails!