Monday, June 08, 2009

Tell All



Thanks for all the support of the new publishing venture, Motor City Burning Press! We'll have our Devil's Night contest up and running very soon. If you don't know what Devil's Night is, it's the only truly Detroit holiday, one I'm looking forward to as we enter summer, my least favorite season. Hope everyone is having a good week -- I'm working on a series of posts about the friendship/exes/etc. issue. But here's the question for today -- what's the most important quality in a friend? In a romantic interest? Same or different? Tell all, my dears!

Michelle's Spell of the Day
"Most people call me Mercy. I like it." Mercedes McCambridge

Cocktail Hour
Drinking television suggestion: Saw Nurse Jackie on demand and LOVED it! Will write about it soon as to not spoil it for those who are waiting for the premiere.

Benedictions and Maledictions
Happy Monday! Check out the logo contest at Motor City Burning Press!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

A)Just show up, honey. B) Just show up and be physically attentive and I'll be your honey.--Quentin Crisp

the walking man said...

Qualities

1) Friend's most important quality; to tell the unfettered unvarnished truth knowing that the hearer will be accepting of it.

2) Lovers most important quality; to disregard the unfettered unvarnished truth and love anyway.

Anonymous said...

Go Wings!!! With a genius like Mike Babcock(he's gone from team captain of McGill University's Redmen to head coach of the Detroit Red Wings)behind you, you've got to give it your all and beat the Penguins tonight in the Pittsburgh Igloo. Make it a hot time in the old Steel Town tonight!!! Go Wings!!!!--JLCGULL

Heff said...

1. Friend : Honesty.

2. Romantic Interest : CURVES, lol !

Slyde said...

ANOTHER person who liked nurse jackie...

i really dont want to get invested in another show, but i might have to bite the bullet on this one..

Charles Gramlich said...

Devils night. I think I read a novel by that title once.

Anonymous said...

Friend: Carry on a conversation.

Romantic Interest: Boobs.

That's why I married a friend.

And why I keep reading your blog: The vacuous 'sexy' pictures juxtaposed with literate observations, in a Maureen Dowd (if not a Maureen McCormick) kind of a way, highlight the supremacy of intimate over physical attraction.

In short: smart is sexy.

Anonymous said...

Loyalty. GO WINGS.

Tim said...

I imagine that the qualities someone looks for in a friend vary greatly from person to person, and any friendship will sour if one of the parties isn't able to overlook an occasional transgression from the qualities they admire in their friend. If you can't forgive a slip-up every now and then you're probably not going to keep many people as friends.
I tend to form bonds with people who are good listeners. If they're willing to listen to my gripes and my babbling nonsense then they're a keeper.

Scott said...

Michelle,

I think that the most important quality for either type of relationship is reliablilty...you can always count on that person to be there for you.

jodi said...

Hiya Beauty, My friends and lovers are held to one constant flame--that is to accept me in all my faults without trying to change me. Oh, and love me anyways. xoxo