Friday, April 16, 2010

Words, Words, Words



Hey guys -- thanks so much for reading the excerpts this week! Here's a virtual bouquet for your efforts. As for comment questions, Dave -- I can't remember what the princess in that long ago workshop story did. I do remember it was followed by a tale of sexual obsession about a man who kept stalking a Jack in the Box employee. Forever emblazoned in my mind is this sentence: "He kept stopping back in the Box for one last spicy treat." Gorgeous Jodi, I did live on Courville pre rat-infested apartment. Like men, I can pick them. My next place is going to be a step up, I feel certain. To the anonymous comment about why D didn't help me with the tire -- he was at work. No cell phones in those days. One had to rely on the kindness of strangers. As Mark pointed out, most of them weren't really strangers. Angels in disguise! Okay, pet peeve words -- Mark, you best not start with these either! I'm limiting it to three today.

Using impact as a verb. Seriously, I hate this one. Unless you are a tooth, you are not impacted by anything.

Fresh, as in when people say, This food is so fresh. As if everything else they have been eating is stale and old.

Nice, as in when people use it ironically. I don't know why, but I hate it when you do something stupid and someone says, Nice in that long, extended dance-mix way. Anything is preferable to this, even the old grade school bon mot, Smooth move, Ex-Lax.

In other news, my dear friend Marci is ill and in the hospital. She's the one who informed you guys of my ruptured appendix. Not entirely sure what's wrong yet, but please send lots of love, prayers, and good energies her way.

I'll be back tomorrow -- tax season is done. May your weekend be a restful one!

13 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

Sorry to hear about Marci. I'll certainly keep good thoughts for her. <:(

JR's Thumbprints said...

I hope it's nothing too serious and she has a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

The phrase "centered around" gets to me. I prefer "centered on." It's more to the point.--Noam Chomsky

Tim said...

Best wishes for Marci. Hope she gets well soon.

Anonymous said...

Wings knot the Coyote series and return to Detroit for games 3 and 4in their quest for the Stanley Cup!--Sid Abel

Anonymous said...

Meteorites are impacting Wisconsin!--(anonymous)

Anonymous said...

Get your fresh produce water spayed daily at Nino Salvaggio's in St. Clair Shores, Michigan!--Weekly Shopper

Anonymous said...

Niiiiiiiiiice!--Nino

Anonymous said...

--what do you read, my lord?--Polonius

Anonymous said...

Words, words, words.--Hamlet

the walking man said...

Damn that anonymous! Oh well I can wait patiently to make you grit your teeth!

Heal well Marci we need you to keep PD on the up and up!

Anonymous said...

If you can do a life review with a forgiving heart, your last 30 years will be quite transformed.--Jane Fonda

jodi said...

Michelle, good thoughts for Marci. I just can't get behind the "I'm down with that." Altho, curiously enought, it slips outta me sometimes. xo