Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Romeo and Juliet


















In honor of April Fool's Day (and the great Marvin Gaye's death day), I will post a poem by Richard Brautigan instead of my regular post for all my dear friends who love the underrated RB. Hope you're having a great day!

Romeo and Juliet

If you die for me,
I will die for you

and our graves will
be like two lovers washing
their clothes together
in a laundromat.

If you will bring the soap,
I will bring the bleach.


Michelle's Spell of the Day
"Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you." Roger Ebert

Cocktail Hour
Drinking music suggestion: The Devil's Rejects Lynard Skynard

Benedictions and Maledictions
Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big "thumbs up" in Grouchie's mouth, Roger!!Correctomundo!!--Gene Siskel

Anonymous said...

Hurry now to the "Ten Item Mega Event" only at KROGERS!! And get Tide(with Bleach Alternative)now through April 6th!!--Mr. Whipple

Anonymous said...

RIP Robert L. Kelly, extraordinary English teacher and docent at the Detroit Institute of Arts.--Detroit Native

Charles Gramlich said...

I heard that Gaye would have been 69 today. Amazing how young that seems to me now, when not that long ago I would have called it old.

Lana Gramlich said...

Ironic..."Romeo & Juliet" seems to be coming up everywhere for me these last couple of days...