Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Detroit Proper



I've seen three major Detroit events on television, all while exercising. I'm not sure what that says about me or Detroit, but here they are in the order they happened: Coleman Young's funeral, Rosa Park's funeral, and the arraignment of Kwame Kilpatrick. It's cold as all billy hell here today (see snow photo and grim sign), but I still have to say that things are well. My dad once bought me a pin at the Henry Ford Museum that says, Life Is Better In Detroit! While the I once flashed red, the batteries have now worn out, but I have the pin all the same. It's a little more fitting without all the glitz of a blinking I and still just as true.

Michelle's Spell of the Day
"Swearing is an art form. You can express yourself much more exactly, much more succinctly, with properly used curse words." Coleman Young

Cocktail Hour
Drinking vodka suggestion: Cold River Vodka

Benedictions and Maledictions
Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Only in Detroit

Anonymous said...

I will speak from a prepared statement--Kwame

Anonymous said...

Use your $1 Off!! coupons on Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn now!! No more diacetyl butter flavorings in any variety!! Shop now!!! Tastes so good, your next bowl may disappear faster than ever! Orville Redenbacher's is available now at KROGERS!!!--Mr. Whipple(also endorsed by Oscar Winner)

Bill From Gainesville said...

son of a bitch! I think Coleman young may have been on to something!

Charles Gramlich said...

*Shivers*

Anonymous said...

You're so hot when you're an activist, Michelle.--Abbie Hoffman

Pythia3 said...

I pass that sign almost every day - at least I think it's the same sign over here in the far south-east. I do need to stop and get a photo - the snow makes it all much prettier though! But, it's only the end of March, we have at least another month of freezing, snowy weather! Hey, what's opening day without a few flakes of the the white stuff! LOL
As anonymous quoted Kwame: I will speak from a prepared statement--and I won't go off it (I think I heard him right when he tacked on that elegant line)
Stay warm...or enjoy the sunshine - depends on when you read this. haha
This weather is moodier than me these days.
Lindy