Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Happy Best Friends Day!



Never heard of this holiday until today, but happy best friend's day! I usually hate made up holidays, but I'm a big fan of friendship. I've heard a lot of things about friendship and the one that comes to mind is that friends are God's way of apologizing for your relatives. I happen to like my relatives so it doesn't apply directly, but my friends are wonderful in every way. They deserve awards for days. Friend duties -- helping you break up with men (special thanks to Angela on this one for a notable airport getaway car), listening to your boring stories (all of my friends and the readers of this blog fulfill this one), helping you move (this is where true friends come in), giving you presents you didn't even know you needed until that moment (Hello Kitty makeup!, Kentucky bourbon, vintage bar sets), and helping with funerals (only the hardcore friends need apply on this one). I'm not one who uses the expression BFF, but I have tons of BFFs who all make everything a little more wonderful. To all my near and dear, this one is for you! See you tomorrow . . .

4 comments:

Shea Goff said...

Happy Best Friends Day, Michelle!

Charles Gramlich said...

This is the first I've heard of it. My best friend might well laugh at me if I brought it up.

the walking man said...

Shit and I thought yesterday was only my old lady's birthday. She is a good old lady though so I bought her a present---an extension ladder she had her eye on. I would never spend that kind of time shopping for someone who wasn't my friend.

Lana Gramlich said...

Happy Belated Best Friends Day, hon!