Monday, March 21, 2011

For Indoor Use Only



Hi everyone -- been working on a big project this week (title above). It's a story I have tried to write for a long time, but I believe I have found the form for it so it's going a lot better. So for today's question -- how do you figure out how to tell your story? I think the material picks the form. You try it until it yields as it should. I generally get it right the first time, but not always. And the more I like the material, the harder the form is to find because of my expectations. Thoughts?

Michelle's Spell of the Day
"Love is a better teacher than duty." Albert Einstein

Cocktail Hour
Movie suggestion: Cyrus

Benedictions and Maledictions
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

the walking man said...

Carl Sandburg would agree with you, function finds the form while Robert Frost would imply you a rank amateur for in his world form found the function.

I personally walk in Camp Sandburg. At least he knew how to speak in dignity to everyman with dignity.

Charles Gramlich said...

It's only happened a few times but it has happened that a story started one way has to be completely revamped in another way. when I was younger I just abandoned those efforts. Now I do work to complete them.